We are looking for YOU!
A unique opportunity for a talented and independent chef to join an amazing team of educators at SILC Academy during summer 2023 on the French Riviera.
Are you a real go-getter with a passion for cooking? If you are looking for a unique summer experience, you’ve come to the right place! Are you excited to experience the mesmerising places on the French Riviera and share your culinary spectacles with 25 students from 10 up to 17 years old from all over the world? Now you have the opportunity to join our diverse team.
- Prepare a full 2-week menu for our summer camp in collaboration with the camp manager that you will be assigned to having in mind the health benefits of well-balanced meals;
- Ensure food safety, highest level of cleanliness in the kitchen and all other areas where food is served and prepared;
- Execute daily tasks such as preparing breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner for the team and students and maintaining food supply;
- Coordinating and aligning with the camp manager to ensure that all meals are prepared and delivered on time and all areas used are properly cleaned after each meal;
- Keeping record of all made expenses for financial purposes.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
- Relevant prior experience – you know your way around the kitchen;
- Passionate about healthy, nutritious, and balanced meals because our students need all the good energy they need during the most amazing activities;
- Able to communicate in English because our outstanding students and team consist of people from all over the globe;
- Stress-resistant and flexible;
- A service-oriented mindset;
- Available in July 2023;
- Have an EU passport or work permit in France;
- Valid driver’s license in France.
The opportunity offers:
- A fun and exciting summer work experience in spectacular places in the South of France;
- A unique work setting on the French Riviera;
- A fulfilling, impactful and rewarding work with a variety of young people from all over the world;
- A monetary compensation in line with your experience;
- All work-related costs accumulated 100% reimbursed;
- Flexibility, ownership and creativity in delivering your menu.
Our pioneering work
We offer students and schools from all over the world unique camps, workshops and conferences that foster the development of leadership skills in an experiential way through amazing team challenges, outdoor activities and interactive workshops and reflection sessions.
Do you recognise yourself in this vacancy? Then, join the amazing SILC Family by sending your CV and letter of motivation via the form below and we’ll be in touch soon.